ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 427 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Being retail they may not understand this. You could answer that it is common practice in the trades, or you are adhearing to area standards. You could say it is part of your labor agreement. But the truth of the matter is, it is inconveinent because these are not your normal hours. What is the difference if their clean up crew cleans for an hour at 9:00PM or if they come and clean from 2:00AM-3:00AM? The difference is that is what time they are normally sleeping. It's one thing if you normally work that shift, but your guys are 1st shift guys. you can either force your men to be 3rd shift men and make it worth their while, or go out and hire yourself a 3rd shift.

Why do your men need compensation for working this shift? Inconveience of short-term adaptation to new personal and professional routine, poor sleep due to messed up bio-clock, again because of routine, and compromised family time. But more to the point, that's our policy, (long awkward pause).

Not to keep rambling, but I truly have found I have more success convincing people with less said. I kind of like your "uhhh.... no"

[This message has been edited by Jps1006 (edited 06-30-2005).]

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
L
I agree, long explanations don't do much. I think I'll just tell them Night work = OT, that's our company policy.
Thanks
Bill

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard