ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#156219 04/06/05 10:30 PM
E
eswets Offline OP
I know this should be in the vdv section, but I also want to know pricing. Who here is a certified installer for leviton? Or if you install there system. I am certified and want to push this in more houses. The pricing is what I have a problem with. I have a few quotes out, but no one is biting. What are you guys getting for these systems? Are you pricing per room or complete system? How about the time to wire a system or just a room?
Thanks for any info
Eric

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
A
We did the class to be a certified Leviton installer. Have not had any good chances to push their system.

Some of Levitons structured media products seem pricy. I also wonder if they make all their own products or resell someone elces.

I have been looking for other brands with more affordable products.

As far as their warrenty go's be carefull. They push their extended warrenty. When asked they said they will only exchange a defective part. So 15 years from now your changing out keystones for free. The defective part is barely worth the trouble of postage and mailing in.

For cat 5 I understand $100 per cable is about right. I can't say about the stuff in the control box.

It was debated a bit in the other section if it was the best route using cat 5 jacks for everything. I wonder myself if some HO would understand how to change jacks around in the panel. Also if it would be about the same $ over time using standard jacks with cat 5 cable and paying an electrician to make adjustments to phone/PC lines as needed.

Tom

Link Copied to Clipboard