I like the two test lamps in series, and especially that rotary commutator sign flasher.
Ooooh yes, that one's a real classic!
At my former school (graduated in September) students of the full 5 year course (technical High school, I did the 2 year college) still learn to rewind and repair small appliance motors and similar stuff. All students. teachers and so on can take their stuff there to have it fixed for free.
Thats really cool! I want to see one of those sign flashers. In this digital age, something like that is about as analog as it gets. It would be neat to have one of those wired to my Christmas lights
An important job of the electrical worker is repairing toasters! Another era, for sure.
Yep, $9.95 throw-away toasters from China. Who'd have thunk it back then?
Quote
Thats really cool! I want to see one of those sign flashers.
Reminds me of the ringing machines in old telephone exchanges. They operated on the same principle with a motor driven cam assembly to produce all the appropriate flashing signals and tone interruptions.
And unlike their modern digital microcomputer counterparts these old obsolete mechanical light chasers:
1) did not get damaged by routine spikes on the line. 2) Did not get stupid and require a full power down reset once a week. 3) Could be repaired on site with two hands and basic home shop tools.