ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#1523 05/15/01 11:54 PM
N
Hello From Colorado!!!!!
My Name is Jon, and I am a Master electrician. I have been doing Electrical work for over ten years now, and I believe this is the greatest job I have ever had!
I Have never met a greater bunch of guys and gals than electricians!
Just for future reference, "Master" electrician does NOT mean that I know everything that there is to know. What it does mean(IN My Opinion) is that this is my LIFE not just a job!!!!!!!
I am very glad that I found this site, and I look forward to making as many friends around the country(and the world) as I can!!!
So when you see "Hello From Colorado!" you will know who sent it!
Feel free to E-mail, ask questions, and generally shoot the sh@t!

Hello From Colorado!
JON

Jon Niemeyer
#1524 05/16/01 12:11 AM
Jon,

Hello (from Long Island), and Welcome!
Many of us here are also Masters. I look forward to your participation. If you see a topic that interests you feel free to jump on in! Or if you've got something you'd like to discuss start your own topic.

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
#1525 05/16/01 05:34 AM
S
Hi Jon!
welcome!
sounds like Colorado is really boomin' there...
[Linked Image]

#1526 05/16/01 10:05 AM
S
on the master thing, the world's turned a few times since that designation, the trade in deeper and more diverse.

how about we adopt the karate belt system?

[Linked Image]

#1527 05/16/01 09:16 PM
Jon,

What's the 'nj' for in 'njelectricmaster' ??

Are you displaced from the 'Garden State' ??

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
#1528 05/16/01 10:03 PM
G
Hi Jon,
Welcome to the board from your Nebraska neighbor. Glad to have some company....seems like most people here are east coasters.

Rumors around here are that there is alot of work in Colorado. True?

later,
GJ

#1529 05/17/01 07:27 PM
N
Hello from Colorado!!!!
Well thats what I get for not checking the board for one day!
No I am not from NJ, nj are my initials.
YES, Colorado is really booming with more work than we know what to do with.
Karate belt system would be great, but that would mean I would be at the bottom of the line again!!! LOL
AND Golf junkie, I think you are right, we are out numbered by the east coast. Thats the great thing about electrical work though, we are all in it together!
Thank you all for making me feel welcome! I think I will really enjoy myself here!
JON

Jon Niemeyer
#1530 05/18/01 11:33 AM
W
Hi Jon,
Welcome aboard. Even though there may seem like more east coasters, Were just more outspoken sometimes. We never can have to many friends reguardless where we are from. Feel free to jump in anytime like Bill said or start a good topic to get us going.
[Linked Image]
Wayne

#1531 05/19/01 11:09 PM
R
Hey Jon, hello from another Master from Colorado. I am also an inspector, down in the SE part of the state. Look forward to hearing your opinion on electrical stuff on this forum.

check out this site, if you want to.
http://otero.electrical-contractor.net or http://rockymountainiaei.electrical-contractor.net or http://members.nbci.com/ljelectric

If these didn't come up as links, just copy and paste into the address window. sorry, I don't have my UBB code in front of me.

Rick Miell

#1532 05/20/01 08:24 AM
Welcome from cloudy So. California. It looks like we're getting more people in the forums from this coast as time goes on.
We are awaiting our statewide tests to determine where we stand. After 31 yrs in the trade, I will be really bummed-out when I'm classified as an apprentice.
You think the CA folks have been out surfing, attending Hollywood premiers, or at Disneyland? NO!! They are most likely still at work installing more seismic bracing so that when the state breaks off and falls into the Pacific it still stays in 1 piece.
* PS Saw a 2X4 fixture hanging detail once that had 8 wires for each fixture. 4 straight up for support, and 1 from each corner splayed @ 45 degrees to the structure (only about 4'). 4 screws to grid.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 05-20-2001).]

Link Copied to Clipboard