Man dies from electrical shock in Hulbert
December 13, 2001
HULBERT - A Hulbert man was electrocuted Wednesday after he came in contact with an overhead wire. Spring Valley firefighters responded to a call at 3:50 p.m. at a residence north of Hulbert. The victim has been identified as Timothy Pritchett, 33. Emergency services personnel performed CPR on Pritchett, who was transported to W.W. Hastings Indian Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The house was serviced by Lake Region Electric Cooperative. Nate Young, general counsel for the coop, said Pritchett apparently was trying to reconnect power to the house. Young did not know whether the account was in Pritchett's name. "He was apparently trying to reconnect a disconnected account and didn't have the proper equipment. He did come into contact with some of our equipment," said Young. "On behalf of the LREC family, we're terribly sorry it happened. Our sympathy goes out to the Pritchett family and all his friends." Young said anyone whose power has been disconnected should contact the power company rather than trying to work with the line themselves. Specialized equipment is required.