Sign worker electrocuted

WELLINGTON - An Amarillo man died Thursday night when he was electrocuted while working on a sign. Thomas Franklin Bittle, 40, an employee of Hoarel Sign Co. in Amarillo, was working on the Dairy Queen sign in Wellington out of a bucket on a hydraulic lift when he apparently was electrocuted at about 7 p.m., according to Collingsworth County Sheriff's Department Deputy Steve Hartman. The deputy said Bittle was taken by ambulance to Collingsworth General Hospital, where he died.