ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
they remember to bill you each year though, funny that.

Currently for overseas Electricians migrating to Qeensland.

In Qeensland there are Electrical Fitters, Electrical Mechanics, Electrical Linespersons and Electrical Cablejointers.
The process in general is, to obtain any one of these licences you need to obtain a Australian Trade Recognition Certificate for one or more of the above first.Then you have to apply for an Electrical Work Permit from Electrical Licencing Qeensland. When you have this permit you can legally perform electrical work in accordance with the restrictions on your Electrical Work Permit.
When you have obtained the appropriate Electrical Work Permit you then need to contact a Registered Training Organisation(RTO)to discuss a training plan. Once you have successfully completed the required training the RTO will normally issue a Completion Statement to Electrical Licensing Queensland. Then you apply for your paticular Electrical Work License. All this cost money.

M
With our so called skills shortage its amazing we cant even agree on a lisencing system that is country wide with all states having the same requirements and lisences. I dont believe we have a skills shortage, just a wage injustice making other jobs such as plant operating more atractive to tradesmen. If trade wages lifted you would see tradespeople coming back to their trades. Doesnt matter how many mechanics you train if they can earn more driving a truck or being a parts interpreter. Just my rant!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard