ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 197 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Never seen them either, but 13A DII fuses (color black) are mentioned in my school book too.

D
djk Offline
That's very similar looking to what you'd find in old installations here. Still plenty of ancient diazed boards in service, particularly in older residential installations.

R
I have NEVER seen the DI or DII 13 Amp diazed fuses.

Perhaps for export markets like the UK or some of the UK colonies where ring mains are used and a 13 Amp fused plug is used. although these are more of the ceramic tube type.

Seen the odd 2 and 4 Amp DII ones on control circuits.

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
W
13 A circuits have been introduced in Germany a few years ago. So 13 A MCB's and Neozed fuses have been normed and become available now.
Suppose 13 A Diazed are normed for the same reason, but it doesn't look like there is a real market for them, as nobody would use Diazed in a new installation.

R
Wolfgang

What size wire do they allowe for 13 Amps ?

1.5 mm² ?

I do understand that all new intallations have MCB's now these days.

Thanks for your reply.

Pre 1988 when I lived in The Netherlands,
we used 10 Amps with 1.5 mm² and 16 Amps with 2.5 mm² wires.

Except with a combined powerpoint, lightswitch 1.5 mm² was allowed for a light circuit on a 16 Amps protected circuit.

Gruß

Raymond

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
Ray,
Did I get them pictures in the right order?.

W
@RODALCO

for D:
1,5 mm² is minimum for 3 wire 1 phase
2,5 mm² minimum only for 5 wire 3 phase (mandatory only for range/cooker/oven in kitchen)

> 95 % of actual domestic MCBs are B16, the rest is for direct water heaters B25, B32 (4 or 6 mm² typically)

even B10 is rather rare (more expensive than B16)
N is never switched <-> NL+F, nor protected (B), although allowed.

Situation in Austria is more reasonable. But that's Rangers' topic.

In front of switch panel and counter you will find an E characteristic selective circuit breaker now. Used to be Neozed so far. Mains service is usually fused by NH 63A or more.

Grid is TN-C-S or TT depending on local line provider (VersorgungsNetzBetreiber)

T
Seen the odd 2 and 4 Amp DII ones on control circuits.
They're _really_ rare by now, but once or twice I've seen 4A DII in domestic fuse boxes.
As a matter of fact, fuses 6A and below are _not_ stepped, i.e. they all have the same tip diameter!

Austria: we've got differen requirements for fuses/L characteristic breakers and B/C/D breakers.
1.5mm2: L/fuse: max. 12A, that's why we used to have 12A breakers. B/C/D breakers: max. 16A but depends on the installation method (insulated walls, for example drywall with rock wool call for derating). 2.5mm2: L 20A (though usually 16A max), B/C/D 25A (though rarely ever more than 20A, rather 16).
Neutral usually fused or switched on single phase circuits.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard