While enjoying a weekend's vacation at a hotel on the river recently, I noticed a couple of interesting wiring choices. What is it about boat docks that inspire such creativity? The first photo is what I first noticed, an extension cord end, wire-tied to the railing. Following the cord back to the lamp that it's tapped from, you can see that it is just crimped under the housing and screwed down nice and tight to hold it in place. In the third picture you can see the cord draped between the 2 spots from down further on the dock.
I got another good laugh when leaving as I passed the "code enforcement" truck in the parking lot on the way out. Guess this wasn't their only problem...
lets just pray that the outlet was run in series with the light bulb so if anyone should happen to get in contact with it and the water it will only be a short amount of time and the bulb will act as a fuse
lets just pray that the outlet was run in series with the light bulb so if anyone should happen to get in contact with it and the water it will only be a short amount of time and the bulb will act as a fuse
While a light bulb in series would provide some current limiting, it would not provide any protection to a person. A light bulb would not act as a fuse. Don