ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#11905 08/07/02 10:28 AM
S
SJT Offline
I think vacations are great. You have to break away some times to enjoy life. Hopefully the work will allways be there. I tried in the past to allways make Sundays a family day to maintain a balance in this busy trade. That seems to help out. If I can get away, thats even better. To be the only bread winner and support a family is a feat in itself, and we should hold our heads up high that we are able to do that.
SJT

#11906 08/07/02 12:57 PM
H
Its funny - my wife and I took a cruise on our honeymoon - the ship stopped at 4 or 5 ports. We never got off the boat. Well once in jamaica - but we got back on after about 10 minutes of non-stop - "eh mon - you want your hair braided? - you need smoke?"

Anyway, that's vacation to us. Hell - we'll travel (drive) somewhere with nice scenery en route and then get a room and watch movies for a week only going out for food and beer. Vacation = not a care in the world. And doing only what feels good from moment to moment...

I take that back - we got off the ship for a couple of hours in Cozumel...Anyone ever been to Carlos and Charlie's? I still blame them for the fact that I have a kid now...

[This message has been edited by Happi_Man (edited 08-07-2002).]

#11907 08/07/02 04:07 PM
E
I'm looking forward to taking a few days to circle up into the Iron Range of Minnesota, car, tent, and eleven year old. The focus will be a day at the Soudan Underground Mine State Park and High Energy Physics Lab . We'll meander around a day or so on either side of that. . .let the road present the object of our fascination.

Al Hildenbrand
#11908 08/07/02 09:24 PM
G
"If any body gets into central PA, try Lancaster County. Lot's to see and do. and places to just kick back. Bed and Breakfast's for the out of the way types, open country, golfing, jousting with the horse and buggies on the roads and stop in here Strasburgrailroad.com, of course.
Trainwire"

Ah yes, Lancaster Co. railroads, mini-golf at the Village Green,gluttony at Shady Maple, Sight and Sound, Great place but you gotta get those potholes fixed in your roads. Err, they were potholes weren't they??

Glenn

#11909 08/07/02 10:38 PM
My other ideal vacation involves fishing, campfire or campstove cooked meals, a tent, perhaps even a turkey, elk or deer hunting license and a lot of backwoods miles to cover. Nothing you guys would be interested in

Bren,
Fishing.....backwoods......
Are you sure that you are a woman?
If you are, where have you been all my life?

[Linked Image]

Picking myself up off the floor,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
#11910 08/08/02 09:16 AM
I'm on vacation right now!!...uh,well not really. The company I worked for closed the doors last week, and I got laid off. I was promised a job offer when I left, but instead I got 5 of them. The phone has been ringing off the hook all week ("can you start tomorrow?"). I've spent 4 of the last 7 days doing work that I long ago promised to do as soon as I had the time.
I'm going to let the answering machine do the talking for me for a couple of days, and I'm going tuna fishing [Linked Image]
I've heard that "Good help is hard to find", so taken literally, I think that means that to be the best, I have to hide.(60 mi out in the Pacific?)
Can't I have just a little bit of R&R time?..S

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 08-08-2002).]

#11911 08/08/02 10:12 PM
J
I'm leaving on vacation Saturday. My parents are coming up from Louisiana and they want to head up into West Virginia. I don't really care what we do, I just want to sit back and relax.

#11912 08/09/02 12:02 AM
Where are ya goin'?

I can recommend:

Cass Senic Railroad
Organ Cave
Green Bank Radio Observatory
Snowshoe Resort (More than just skiing... summer stuff too!)
Lost World Caverns

And of course the Greenbrier Resort ...

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#11913 08/09/02 12:55 AM
B
Heyyy, I'm a winnuh, I floored the Doc. Bagged my first WattDoctor.

Yes, I am 100% xx chromosomal and the fish don't know it until it's too late. [Linked Image] Brook trout has been my favorite so far (on the dinner table, at least).

I bagged a cow elk in Oct '93 and haven't drawn a tag since. (dang it!) I considered switching to my bow but can't pull enough weight to make it worth the attempt on a big critter like an elk and the last time I flung any arrows with it was pre-pregnancy ('95) and then I gave up when my belly encroached too much... (sorry, tmi...) So, the elk have been safe for a few years but maybe next year I'll get a chance to hunt.

My boss is a dedicated hunter/fisherman and even though I was completely out of vacation he said if I drew he'd cut me the slack to go hunt...cool, huh?

#11914 08/09/02 05:45 AM
S
Come fall the phone messages here don't ask
"are U available?", they ask
"do you hunt?"

The latter being more accepted..... [Linked Image]

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard