ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

>> Home   >> Electrical-Photos   >> Classifieds   >> Subscribe to Newsletter   >> Store  
 

Advertisement:-Left

AE-Gifts, Affordable Everyday

Recent Gallery Topics:
What in Tarnation?
What in Tarnation?
by timmp, September 10
Plumber meets Electrician
Plumber meets Electrician
by timmp, September 10
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 202 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#107764 07/15/04 07:02 PM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 947
Likes: 4
N
Member
Ground prong up/down,religion,and politics you can not win with those subjects.


I forgot one more, the Middle east.

Insulated Tools for Electricians

Insulated Tools for Electricians, Installers & Maintenance Technicians

#107765 07/25/04 01:55 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 36
S
Member
thx Bob i appreciate the advice maybe i will one day ... when i find out how.
ill be contacting ya on how i can do that
but yah these are nasty installs
and there were better areas for me to bring up the subject
[Linked Image] Tim

#107766 07/27/04 10:28 AM
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,691
S
Member
Quote
Looking at that pic of the plug there also doesn't appear to be the usual hole at the end of the neutral blade. Could it be an Japanese cord set or something like that? I thought that all NEMA-approved fittings had the holes on 15 and 20A devices.

Hi Paul,

No, that's an after-market replacement plug.

GE-brand to be exact, made in China.

I call them "Walmart specials" because that's where they're commonly found. They're overpriced and the pins are flimsy and bend easily.

#107767 07/27/04 08:22 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,294
Member
Sven,
You sure that that's not the original molded plug that came on the pump, with the ground ripped out and half of the hot pin burned off? (the black one, not the yellow connector body)

#107768 07/27/04 11:16 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,440
Member
Scott,
I'll back up Sven on this, I have one of those square-ish GE plugs around here someplace from quite a while ago... (If I remember right, I bought it for a late night repair from a grocery store) The U-ground pin broke off pretty easily simply from trying to pull the plug out of a paint-caked outlet! [Linked Image]
Look where the person's thumb is, there's one of the screws holding the clamshell body together.

-Randy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5