ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

These panelboard directories were never filled out properly!

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 02-26-2003).]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Z
Not to mention it's a Zinsco!

Joe:
Now that you ripped it out of the panel....
there is no directory.
This subject used to be a "regular" violation item, but now most guys know they have to do it.
Hey, how about the ones that are marked "outlets" and "lights" alternately??

As I mentioned on another thread, the NEC states that the panel must be marked (labeled, identified) but it does not state "in English". What's your input??
John

John
John,

That's an Interesting Question.

Bill

Bill
B
Hmmm, was it Zinsco Division of FPE or was it FPE Division of Big-Z?

Don’t forget that technical-reference moderator Scott35 has some good Excel panel-schedule templates at https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000060.html

C
I was recently working on project where the panel was labeled only in Chinese.

Several years ago I started using Excel to create all of our directories. I made templates for the different loadcenters and panelboards that we use. I print a copy for the panel but also save a copy to my "panel" folder. This comes in handy when the customer calls and says the receptacles in my family room are not working. I can quickly look up which panel and breaker were dealing with.

Curt

Curt Swartz
C
Bjarney,

Zinsco became Sylvania then Challanger. Challenger purchased FPE and about the time Westinghouse purchased Challenger the FPE line was sold. The original Zinsco design was also sold to T&B who still makes the Zinsco brand breakers.

Curt

Curt Swartz
Here's a brand new panel on the "River Walk" that may not be properly filled out yet!

[Linked Image]

Yes, I agree that the information should be in the language of the owner or general area, but this would be impossible everywhere.

CMP 1 probably would not accept any proposals to include this as a rule.

I agree, merci marc!!

I have seen a lot of circuit breaker boxes that do not list all of the items on the directory. In some cases, it is spooky to tell where the circuit goes!

What I do generally is to mark the circuits in the electrical box, and in the outlet box also, so that way it will tell where it came from. Sometimes I write the information in more than one language on the directory depending on the situation.

I use a computer or special printer to make a list of circuit breakers.

I know I am sounding off, but one thing I see is where circuit breaker manufactures make the directory spaces too small!

I cant’ write using smaller text and expect to have others read the information.
Joe, I am sure that paper directory you show here came with small spacing too for small writing, and in some cases can get mixed up!

I wish that companies would make the directory larger so it will be easier to mark it down.
merci marc

I agree, forgive me please!!

E
I despise coming into a renovation job where the schedules are not recorded! Just did one where a certain office had to maintain power throughout the project and there were no schedules for the entire project (due to the owner hiring the cheapest EC he could find)!

You can only use a circuit tracer so much. One MPD w/ 7 sub panels.

What we do is keep a handwritten record during the entire project, (filled out as the work progresses) and leave it in the panel until the late stages of the project. We then type out the schedule using room numbers from the prints (ex. - Lght. Rms 110, 111).

Ends up being easy to read despite the small print size and helpful, especially on jobs where room numbers are posted on the doors [Linked Image] !

Pete
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard