I'm explaining how the wheel works here and that is not what I want to do.

I don't know who to use the quote tags so please bear with me.

From Justin:
Ambient Temperature Has Nothing to do with Voltage Drop of the wire. Voltage Drop Increases Wire temp and then you have to take that into account.

This is just plain wrong. Do some research.

From Bob,
Here you are mistaken, the temperature correction factors are not in the NEC for voltage drop reasons.

You have mistaken what I said. Voltage drop increases as ambient temperature increases. If you had ever used the above temperature formulae you would see how this happens. Conductors must be upsized to compensate for high VD. So, knowing the the NEC does not stress VD, the temperature correction factors signaled a need to develop the square of the temperature differences formula which is how the temperature correction factors are derived. All three, the VD temperature formulae, the square of the temperature differences, and the NEC temperature correction factors accomplish the same thing!

As a commentary:
Your "beliefs" do not change physics. It would only benefit your expertise to do a little more research into these subjects.

And while you're researching, lookup Neher-McGrath as their formulae was used to establish the NEC ampacity tables in the same way that the above temperature adjustment VD formulae was initially used to establish the NEC temperature correction factors.

[This message has been edited by DiverDan (edited 09-25-2005).]

Dolphins Software