hi,
i have a couple questions regarding what is customary regarding tempoary power on a residential job.

1.)Does the meter go in after the rough-in or final?
2.)What about when tempoary power is NOT requested and is NOT part of the contract?
3.) What is customary in regards to temp power?
4.)What needs to be completed before tempoary power is authorized? In other words, only one breaker for one GFCI with no other circuits connected.
5.)What would you do if you had a contract that does not provide for any tempoarary power and the GC demands it or threatens to withhold payment?

I usually provide an outlet as soon as the meter goes in. I am not familiar with what my city requires for a tempoary outlet. there is nothing in writing that i know of. why not ask? becuase that would have been one more question in a long string of questions about rough-ins, temp power and final inspections. it seems to vary from inspector to inspector and nothing is in writing. i had one inspector that would not pass a rough-in unless all breakers were installed and connected and i had another that passed the rough-in/final without all breakers installed. i will be asking tomorrow what is the procedure. i just wanted to find out what other ec's do?

thanks for any insight and advice.

-respectfully

frodo