Bob,

No offense taken, or meant.

What I was suggesting is that, when an occupancy is vacated, and then customized for another renter with a different type of business that requires less outlets and KVA (say former pizza joint turned boutique, or hair salon turned record store), the temptation will be there for a fly-by-nighter to simply "abandon in place" and re-wire for the demands of the new occupancy. With NM this can be much uglier than a raceway system.

I wasn't saying that NM by itself in all installations is a rat's nest. Trust me, I've seen enough crooked EMT and kinked MC to know that what you say about quality being the tradesman not the product is gospel.

BTW, although the lake shore communities of Lake County do tend to ignore the rather plebian NM cable family [Linked Image], I rewired an old K&T house in Kenosha, WI using NM along the old wire runs. I've also used it in Milwaukee at my ex (thank God!) GF's folk's place, and in my Mom's in Decatur, and my wife's folks in St. Louis, Mo. Not a lot, compared to many of you guys who run it on a daily basis, but enough where I do recognize it's versatility and usefulness.

[dig] I still love my pipe, though! [Linked Image] [/dig]