Hello From Colorado!!

I walked out the door of my house the other morning to head in to the shop, when I noticed the back door of the van was open. I could see the drivers door open through the passenger window, and all I wanted to do was PUKE!

I called the police right away, and then called my boss. He said to wait for the cops and come in when I was done.

It has always been a practice of mine to keep a detailed list of all the tools on my truck. One list of the bosses tools and one of mine. So when the officer showed up to take the report I had everything ready, and made the whole thing go faster.

I thought every thing was going to be fine with the bosses insurance, but then he tells me that his insurance only covers his tools and not employee personal tools.

I have been doing this for quite some time now, and have accumulated all the TOYS of the trade. The boss lost $3500 in tools, but I lost $11,600.

I have worked as a service electrician for this employer for just over a year. My truck alone averages $40,000 per month and I do all the billing on site. I am good with the customers, and I always go the extra mile when the boss calls on me.

So to finish off, I have two questions for all of you.
#1. Do all employers treat there lead journeyman like this?
#2. What do I do now? I have no tools left to my name, and do to other factors, I have no way to replace them.

I feel like someone just came and stole who I am!!!

Sad in Colorado!!!
JON

[This message has been edited by njelectricmaster (edited 04-05-2002).]

Jon Niemeyer