I am trying to get into the Electrical Field (looking for an apprenticeship!) and have a question with regards to the MGL 141:8. Am I interpreting this correctly, MA Journeyman Electricians not regularly employed by a Class A holder (person or otherwise) can employ an apprentice? I am wondering this due to the differnece in requirements for the plumbing field.

[Linked Image] I also need clarification on the requirements to install Telephone, CATV and Networking cables in the state of MA. I would like to start out by installing said cables in both new and remodel jobs (I need the money!). I am reading through the NEC 2002 w/MA amendments and find that I am within the law to install these systems but I want to make sure before I get myself in trouble...

If anyone out there is reading this and knows of a way that I can get the hours needed for the Journeyman’s License on Cape Cod or just off I would really appreciate it. I have been looking for quite some time with little success. [Linked Image]

I was trained as an Electronics Tech. in the AF specifically in Security Systems (Notice the AFSC as the UserName...). I have also been to the local alarm shops and have had no success there either. I have all but given up on breaking into the field but I would really like to get started. I am a fast learner and can do the work...just need someone to show me the ins and outs...don't need a lot of supervision.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED...!!!!

Brendan Carroll
Ignorance is BISS
csofcc@comcast.net