Joe, does he throw a tuber at you every time you take a picture? If I were you, I'd pick them up....by the end of the month, you'll have enough for a good stew!!! [Linked Image]

Anyway,

Back to topic:

There's a small vegetable/fruits and dry goods store on the corner where I go to catch the train (where I frequently do some grocery shopping).

Said establishment operates 24 hours so under the awning that extends over the sidwalk, the owner has hung some zip-cord extensions and connected some plug adapters that allow you to screw in a lightbulb into a two-pin receptacle.

Each extension cord has two of these things hanging from it. The flex then loops over the horizontals supporting the tarps, knot and then plug into some wall sockets mounted above the doors to the store.

The bulbs are the high-wattage long-necked ones..(probably 100 watts) and they shine over the produce sitting in the bins in the tarp-enclosed awning.

So as you walk in at night, you're greeted with six lightbulbs dangling in front of you....

I've been living in this neighborhood (Washington Heights, NYC) for over seven years...

Been like that as far as I've known it.