I got a side job from one of the manangers at work. (not my dept) to hook up her hot tub.

The tub is located approx 40 ft from the house. It is a pretty big one with an gazebo type roof. It appears to be 120/240 or maybe just 240, the instructions are for about 6 different tubs. Nameplate states 50 amp max breaker, and theres a tag that says it MUST be GFCI protected. You should have seen the look on her face when I told her what a 50 amp gfci breaker cost.
But so far all well and good.

First question is where do I put the disco if in fact I even need one? There is only two choices, on the house within sight, or on the tub itself (which I am not crazy about).

Second question is she stated she wanted a plug so she could plug in some christmas lights on a tree approx 5-6 feet from the tub. Can I install the plug, gfci protected of course, on the side of the tub with an in use cover? Or do I need to trench to the tree and mount it on the tree? Keep in mind the only other structure is the house 40 feet away.

Last is not a code question exactly but refers to "protection from physical damage" when running PVC pipe. It has been by experince that lawn mowers hunt down the pipes and break them on a regular basis. I was thinking of running a one size larger emt or rigid sleeve over the PVC where it comes out of the ground. Would that be acceptable? Are there any other tricks to trying to protect the pvc?

These may seem like a lot of questions for an experinced electrician. Since most of my experince is commerical I do have questions about resi stuff, keep in mind if this was a commerical hot tub it would be rigid all the way with stainless steel discos.

One other note, the customer lives in the sticks, really out in the sticks. The hot tub people will NOT hook it up, they gave her a list of some contractors to call, she called like 7 of them but none are intrested. Thats how I got involved.