Joe,
My comment about the information in the handbook is only a response to the statement in your post of 6:29 AM on March 8. The statement you made said, "This figure is from the NECH www.nfpa.org and cleary shows where the GEC must be bare! This is not a correct statement. The code permits the GEC to be "bare, covered, or insulated" in 250.62. If this statement is in the handbook, then the handbook is wrong, no matter who reviewed it.

If the a panel acts on a proposal for the GEC color, I will abide by their action. However, after reviewing the proposal, I don't think there will be any panel action on the proposal for 310.12 (6-18) to require a green GEC as the color of the GEC is not within the scope of Panel 6. This was pointed out by the Technical Correlating Committee in the '96 code cycle. Panel 6 had accepted a proposal for the 96 code (proposal 6-32) at both the proposal and comment stage, to require a green GEC, but this proposal was reported as "rejected" because the TCC said panel 6 did not have jurisdiction. I didn't see a proposal submitted to Panel 5 for the GEC color, but I might have missed it. If there is a proposal for Panel 5, we will get an official panel statement.

For the time being, we will just have to "agree to disagree" on the GEC color.

Don


Don(resqcapt19)