You're right Don, I should have posted an entire answer, sometimes when I throw my 2 cents in, I am merely responding to the question, sorry, I do that in real life too !!!!

The first problem here is 250-92. This requires that ALL non-metallic service parts be bonded together - period. If the utility with the meter in question is not allowing a ground tail to the equipment, they are in violation of the NEC. My copy of the NESC is at work, but I will look when I go in. That is 250-92 (a)(2)

250-94 gives us several problems in this configuration. It gives us several methods of bonding, but only (4) applies to this question. "Other approved devices, such as bonding-type locknuts or bushings " The paragraph below states that "Standard locknuts or bushings shall not be the sole means for the bonding required by this section." Notice that it does not say, if you use a bond bushing on one end, locknuts are OK on the other end. It plainly states that locknuts are NOT acceptable as the bonding means. I have thought for 29 years that was plain enough.

I can see, however, if you are used to smaller services like this one, that it may seem excessive, but you are leaving a HUGE weak spot in your bond to unfused conductors if you fail to use a bond bushing. Check out Soares, now available from the IAEI for entire details, too lengthy to go into in this venue.

OK ??? Friends ????