Many years ago, I 'lost' a clamp-on meter in a supply house parking lot once. Left it sitting on the passenger seat, ran in to get that one part to finish the job at hand and run back to it. But I did something I never do, I left my window open. I was there under 3 minutes... When I pulled in there was a van of a large very well paying contractor that I parked right next to. And two of thier employees were walking out as I walked in to pick up my will call. Nobody else there, in a big wide empty lot that takes long enough to walk into as I was there. I went in, signed for my stuff, walked out and thier van was still pulling away... Thought that was odd... Hopped in the truck, looked over and it took a second for it to sink in. They either stole it or saw who did...

Went back in got thier names, called thier company a few times who never got back to me.

Eventually just chalked it up to my own stupidity for being in a rush and not closing my window... NEVER TRUST ANYONE - NEVER GIVE THEM THE OPPROTUNITY!

Another - much cheaper supply house I go to has cameras in the lot, and a monitor at the counter, you can watch your truck from inside.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason