Might I suggest some flood lighting and cameras. And in general an alarm system for each of the vehicals, especially yours.

Not that you should be required to have such things to deter this type of assault on property, but it does help. You can guarantee these types of people will come back, and it should be as unwelcoming as possible. If it was easy for them to break into at least 3 cars in the same general area they found it obviously easy pickins'.

Don't get me wrong, in 2006 I had 8 attempted breakins of my van. I've gotten warnings from the cops after mashing some kids face into the gutter after he set my alarm off, and chased another off with a bender handle - had I been a little quicker I would have split his skull. (Below)
[Linked Image from markhellerelectric.com]
This pic was before the flood lighting that act as secondary street lighting. IR cameras are a bit grainy and black & white, but add a bit of light you'll get get good color pictures of them. I also use the cameras as motion sensors, so any movement in the protected area turns on the 500w floods - it's like daylight... Or the deck of a fishing boat at night... I get pictures of people about to check my doors - the lights go on, and they keep walkin'

Not that is the end all deterant, as I was having a New Years Party with 40+ people in the house, and some dope still tried my doors of the van. But now I know who he is...

I also know how many dogs use my lawn, and when the Jehovas have been to my door.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason