Indeed, it seem that we thrive on being invisible. That is, the only time our work is noticed is when something breaks .... so we're quite happy to remain anonymous.

That's the "prime directive" if you will of my current occupation(s).

As a projectionist especially, I am the "Unseen Showman". The film must hit the screen in frame, in focus, with the sound at the proper level and balance. And, as in the case of the University I run film at, each reel change must be seamless, so as not to pull the audience out of the story. Last night's film was a prime example..full house (300) and BOTH of the film's director's were present. They complimented me on how nice the film looked and sounded.

Despite the tremendous pressure of my current installation job (for a major agency representing many celebrities) the payoff is in the finished product. (About another three days on this job.)

And that job's EC's were very pleasant to work with, and not only complied with my specifications but had the professional courtesy to discuss why I made the specs as I did. And they agreed with the reasons without any negativity.

Overall my job is quite rewarding, not always monetarily (is that even a word?) but with the client's satisfaction, and continued positive referrals. [Linked Image]

I find it hard to believe sometimes that I have been in the business for over 24 years now. [Linked Image]

Stupid should be painful.