I truly feel bad for anyone who does not enjoy their job on some level. To me, its not all about the money. If it was I would have kept my middle management job in a factory. I made more money and had benefits like paid vacation, good health insurance, profit sharing and job security(the company has never had a layoff in 105 years). The problem was I had little to no personal satisfaction in my job. I love being an electrical contractor. I love the challenge of not only doing a job better than the "other guys", but doing it better than I did it the last time. I do that for me. I was raised to never expect someone to pin a rose on me for doing my job. I was taught to set high standards for myself and learned the satisfaction of meeting or exceeding those standards. I know other sparkys who do just what it takes to get by and they seem to make a good living at it. I just couldn't be happy with that. I've been told that I do too much for too little sometimes and that all that matters is how much money you have when its all said and done. What good is a big pile of money if they have to pay 6 guys to carry your casket to the cemetery?