A new member and I have enjoyed everyones posts! Wish this was around years ago!

Thought this might be kind of interesting! And at the same time helpfull to everyone who has not made the same mistake that has happened to you. You all know, those little things that you don't think about until they actually happen.

I'll Start. While pulling wire into an EMCS control panel all of a sudden I heard all of the equipment shutting down. While pulling, my hand or fish tape must have hit the switch that supplies the incoming power to the panel. (I was very cautious about it, and new it was there but didn't think I had come close to it.) I shut down the entire plant, [Linked Image] manufacturing and all. (Very large company, They paid to have a stadium with there first initial as the name.) Needless to say I was not very popular at that moment.
Now whenever possible [Linked Image] I'll cover the switch with a piece of styro-foam that has a hole cut out the back and tape it over the switch. Since then, the panels come with a switch guard. So, I guess I was not the only person to do this.
How about you?

[This message has been edited by wirewiz (edited 02-01-2002).]