Here's a story from yesterday:

I get home, and am bored. I decide to go under the house and cut out the old Central A/C Cable. It's no longer used, and the cable is disconnected from the panel. I go under, wire cutters in hand. I get most of it, and get to stripping it. What I find, is startling, if not scary. The insulation on this 8/2NM (with No12 Ground) is scorched and black, right where it was stapled up. I save that insulation, and strip the rest.

Now here's the good part:

Right at sundown, my neighbor walks over and says, "Ian what 'ya doing?" I tell her what I'm doing, and decide to show her the cable. (Now, I think the park guys did it when the A/C was installed onsite back in the 70s, on account of the cable not in the sub-floor, and the breaker in the old panel a different variety. I don't think an HO or handyman did it since the cable itself was the same brand as the rest, though.) She sees it, I explain it to her, and guess what she does?

She asks me if I know any electricians to recommend. I give her the name of one I know, and she called 'em right up. She has an inspection of her house scheduled for Thursday.

Just something that made me happy on a Monday Afternoon.

Ian A.
(Hmm, I wonder if the Zinsco on the pedestal and the GE Skinnies that used to be in the old panel had anhything to do with this?...)

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?