Does anyone here work in Atlantic City Electric Co area ??
We just did a 400 amp 3 phase 240 volt service in south jersey.
It was just a upgrade from 200 amp. Got the permit, did the paper work for the power company.
Used the approved meter socket model# that we got rite off the power companys web-site.

Had the job inspected ( passed )then called the power company to see when the 400 amp meter could be intalled so that we could remove the old service..

A power company guy went and checked the job .. then he called me and said I needed a 400 amp outdoor disconnect BEFORE the meter. I explained that we just did the same service a few miles away about 3 months ago with no disconnect. He said power company policy change .. I must install a disconnect before the meter socket.

I went back online and went through their on line service and meter instructions.. Either I am blind.. or it does not say or require a switch berore the meter socket .

My question is .. what would you do ?
Tell the customer it is going to cost them $800 for the switch .. plus the time to do it.. or fight the power company .. the new policy ?? was not in their online service requirement manual.

Stumped in SJ ..... Please give me your thoughts.. even if your not a NJ guy