I am installing some of that low voltage "rail" lighting on a remodel job we are doing. It is the stuff which can be bent to form smooth curves and has a 12 volt remote transformer.

The designer/GC has provided all of the rail, hardware, heads etc. and I am to locate the appropriate transformer based on the load. The rail is a 2 circuit track with ckt A - common - ckt B. During the rough, I ran an 8-3 romex to the canopy location in the ceiling from the basement where the transformer will be located. From the line side switchbox I ran a 14-3 to the basement so the rail can be operated by 2 separate switches.

Here is my problem. I cannot find a 2 circuit transformer which has 2 separate inputs. They all seem to have 1 input and a split output such as a 600 watt transformer with a pair of 300 watt outputs like this:
http://www.seagulllighting.com/Ambiance®-Lighting-94064-12.html

Is there a legal and safe way to join one leg of two separate transformers to create a common leg without frying the transformers?

The manufacturer has not been able to help me. My supplier said he thinks some specialty transformer company might have a product that may work to the tune of $1600.

Please help!

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by leespark (edited 09-13-2006).]