I'm almost afraid to admit this because of how much all of you have gone through. In Orange County, NY, there are no license requirements outside of city limits. There are three cities in the county. I'm a General Contractor. How? I bought the insurance that says I can say I am. I'll pause as some of you get back on your chairs. I don't say this to brag, just to let you know how it works here. I know the code, and have my work inspected. I haven't been red tagged yet. I am astounded at what I find though. 20A breakers feeding #14 and 15A switches and outlets. Flying splices everywhere. Junction boxes without covers are normal. I could probably knock on the door of any house in the county and find a picture for the violation forum. It's a miracle the county just doesn't burst into flames. Take my last final inspection. The inspector left his motor running in the driveway. He popped the GFI in the bathroom I added and took off. It's a bit of a mess out here, but at least I can say I'm leaving things much better off than I find them.