scameron81

"The state may not be enforcing the law on certified electricians, but these guys are. www.nceci.info They stopped by a fire station that we are working on and wanted to see everyone's cards. I realize they don't have any official capacity to enforce the law but they sure can cause a lot of grief. I don't mean to turn this into a union/non-union debate but these guys make it very clear on what their intent is. I just wanted to bring up the fact that there are alternative ways to enforce the law even if the state can't/won't do it."

These guys can come by all they want, but they should be told to take a hike! They are not authorized to enforce anything...period. That they come to a work sight and demand to see anything is pure BS. They are not a government agency and are not part of enforcement. If these "gentlemen" (keeping it nice) were to come to any worksight I have been on, they would be told to get lost and we would in fact call local law authority to remove them from the work sight. As for causing trouble, yes the union has deep pockets, but never underestimate the work of a few good pro bono lawyers can do to keep them spending your dues to defend themselves in court. Especially if they even in the least little way "insinuated" that they were somehow the "law".

Thanks
Steve