GENTLEMEN, DON'T BE SILLY... This guy is not going to change bulbs.... He reminds his assistant that she did not think of it before him, and hire someone to do it, et cetera.

However I would suggest a very good look at the local laws about efficiency, and and any "Dark Sky Ordinance", as well as a light conversation with the planning or permit dept. before starting any work. If pricing, add that as contingincy up front.

Back to the idea, maybe wash the roof from several different lower points instead. Even from the hips and valleys of the roof itself.

Let me put on my designer lisp....

[flambouyant]Ok, what do you think about this.... (hand wave) Some good dimmable HO linear flouesants hidden coves to wash... now wait they make some decent flicker free ones now... This is not your granpas odlsmobile... It good clean light from those now... Then some dimmable halogen floods from the side, to fill, and soften... Instead of posts to mount them, we could hire out this really neat metal scupter friend of mine to make it artsy, kinda spire like thingy... (twisting hands all over) [/flambouyant]

You have no idea how many conversations I hear like that.... I cring... [Linked Image]

Oh, heard a really great joke...

"How do tell the difference between a Designer, and an Architect? - Architect is waving one hand, Designer is waving both."

I'll add, How do you tell who the GC is, and who's the Owner? GC has the hands in the Owners pocket, and the Owner has his hands over his ears.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason