I played for my supper... and rent... and car note... etc. I began playing trombone and other brass in school band in sixth grade, moved to guitar in 9th grade, then to bass and it never really ended. I worked summers and holidays at the souths largest musical retailer throughout college and played at least two to three nights a week during college (maybe thats why it took me almost six years to graduate??).

Where I worked, you had to be good enough to sale just about any instrument, be it a guitar, bass, banjo, dobro, mandolin, keyboard even drums. Never was a reed player though.

After college I played full time for several years, doing guitar and vocals. Played about 150+ nights a year a traveled way too much. We did colleges and beach towns. Spent the summers of the mid nineties playing Panama City or Hilton Head Island. Played support slots for bands like Molly Hatchet, Starship, Survivor to name a few. Not a bad gig... when your single. But by this time i was married and it was rough on the home front.

So i got serious about this electrical thing and started getting my time in for license. Cut back on my playing and went back to school. Well no more gigs for me especially after I went out on my own. I never regret the music thing. I miss playing but not the travel.