Hello everyone, Thanks for all the replies!!!

Been REALLY busy this week, so please excuse the delayed response[s] on my side [Linked Image]

I printed some of this thread and presented as much info to the guy who brought this whole thing "to light" [the person who mentioned all this stuff to me].
I'll print this new stuff, plus what has been added to the redundant threads going in the MHE and IAEI forums, mainly because even after presenting all kinds of information, the guy is still going on what the other dude said only [with no regards to the "what-if's", "why's" and "what-not's" included].

My preferences to pre-twisting are primarily to get a solid and tight splice, which doesn't seem quite right [to me] without pre-twisting ... but that's just my over analysis nature [Linked Image]
The other is just like what others have mentioned - the hot wire springing out of the wirenut and ground faulting... in your face!

It's not a real major concern 100% of the time for me, as I opt to kill circuits unless they just absolutely have to be live - even then you have the possibility of barbecuing someones PC power supply, etc. with open common grounded conductors [AKA open neutrals]. Nevertheless, if the common opens, the PC reboots - and that user loses all the work from since the last save was done [if saves are done!]. If lighting circuits, then the lights go down and such other chaos
[should be Kaos...agents [Linked Image]].

In the multifloor buildings, ground faulting the 277 VAC lighting branch circuits runs the risk of tripping the GFPE main breaker - then EVERYONE is pissed!!! [excuse the language].
The job I have been on over the last few weeks is the typical remodel / T.I. office space project, and is in a 12 story building.
When the original walls were demo'ed, there was a couple of Electricians on-site to "attempt" to stay ahead of the demo monsters, killing as much as they could.

One very anxious demo guy decided to knock a wall down which had "a,b" switches for the 277 VAC lighting in one small office. From what I heard, just as soon as this guy's sledge hammer broke the 4s box loose from the steel studs, the circuit ground faulted [a very sparky one, as from the looks of the effected 4s box]. That tripped the GFPE main and the whole building went down.

Sounds fun, doesn't it? [Linked Image]

I guess the only things heard were the popping ground faults, the sounds of people asking "what happened to the lights?", then the E-Power's diesel prime mover starting!!

For the tape deal, that one is really silly! The wirenut / pre-twist situation has merit, but the taping of Recepts / Switches just sounds kooky!

Once again, thanks to everyone for the responses!!!

Scott. SET

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!