Hi Everyone, Got a few quick-ee Q's to throw at 'ya;

At work yesterday, a guy I am working with mentioned that one of the Sparkys in the company is currently inroled in some type of trade schooling. The guy said it was College class for Electrical Engineering, but the descriptions sound more like an NEC code class. That's not relavent, but felt that everyone should know [ [Linked Image] joke].

Anyhow, he mentioned two conflicting things:

<OL TYPE=1>

[*]Pre-Twisting conductors prior to landing a Wirenut is not allowed anymore, due to the increased Resistance, therefore is non-compliant [I know what your thinking, I had the same reaction of [Linked Image]???] and

[*]Taping the sides of Receptacles is non-compliant [got me what this is about [Linked Image]]
</OL>

Is there any validity to these claims per any code or Electrical Engineering studies currently taught???

I'll post this topic in the Holt forum and the IAEI forum [it's been over a year since I have even browsed the IAEI forum! hope I can still get a post in].

Anyone heard of this, or is this just a case of mistaken information [my first and last guess]?

Thanks in advance! [TIA]

Scott SET.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!