Njwirenut, I think most here have a pretty good idea of what is provocative or insulting (even if subliminal) as far as political issues are concerned.

As far as being one sided for Republicans, poking fun at Democrats or Independents is off limits as well, posts and threads crossing this line have also been removed in the past.

Union verses Nonunion, risqué, religion, and vulgar type post and threads will also be shut down and or removed.

FYI, this is not only for American politics, political posts and threads dealing with overseas members and their political situations in their own countries have been squelched also.

As far as thanking the military past and present here or abroad, I know that here in the USA, both Republicans and Democrats have been in office when we have lost soldiers by their leaders commands, so I don't think that is unilateral or IMO even political by any stretch of the imagination.

Even the US flag waving in the upper left corner of every forum page is inherently a POLITICAL STATEMENT.

More correctly, that is a Patriotic Statement from where this site is based.

I think Mike is right.

I think maybe its not so much an idealogical content thing as the inherent inability of some people to limit themselves as to how far they will go. Then it becomes a rude thing.

Roger