Thanks for all the responses gang!

I like Larry's solution.... It is first floor - 10 foot room with 2 foot dropped tiles (sorry I used the ' instead of foot - it does look a lot like " when I'm tired!). I've done the basement thing before - troffers and damn near 0 clearance.... Of course, I don't want to support the weight on the t-bar, and can get up to the flooring timbers above for a real anchor. Getting the fan box down to tile level solves the canopy problem as well.

Now, if Larry can come up with a mfg. and part no., I'll see if I can get a couple of them up here in the woods of Maine <grin>. Supply house(s) in Portland are co-operative, but lots of shipping, special order, no return stuff.....

I think I'll take care of a few of the flying splices while I'm at it - we see some amazing things up here! Maybe take a photo to stir up some discussion! Found some zip cord running out of an outlet, up behind 3/4 inch v-match paneling, along under crown moulding, thru a wall to feed a hall light.

Carpenter installed new water heater at owner's request, then asked me how full it needed to be before he turned on the breaker...... Breakers were "locked out" with silver lockout tape at panel and at heater location. New top element solved that problem.......

[This message has been edited by grover (edited 01-28-2006).]