I'm trying to apply one of the tap rules and I just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

Here is the situation. Working on the 8th floor of an 8 story office building. There is a 1600 amp 120/208v buss duct running vertically up a chase that is tapped and metered to feed each tennant space as needed.

The drawings show a 400A disconnect being installed to tap the buss duct. The disconnect will be fused at 350 amps.

The problem is, there is no room to install another disconnect and meet all working space clearances.

So, I was thinking that I could install a tap box on the buss and run a feeder to the office space behind the buss where a new closet will be built to house the new electrical equipment.

I will first have to go through a meter then to a fused disconnect. All wiring will be installed in EMT or greenfield.

I know that I won't be able to do this within 10 feet so I am trying to apply the 25' tap rule.

If I am reading 240.21(2)(3) correctly. I can do this if I tap the buss with parallel 300MCM to the disconnect.

Am I correct or can I parallel smaller conductors in this situation.

This is the first time that I ever encountered this situation.

Thanks,
Brian