Today I was witness to what I consider an unethical corruption of the inspection process.

A new resturaunt has had some trouble getting water hot enough for washing dishes. One of the folks working there had a "friend" look at the commercial dishwasher.
As it happens, this "friend" is in the business of selling...you guessed it, commercial dishwashers. He judged the brand-new machine "unsuitable" for commercial use, and told them they had to buy a new one from him.

The vendor of the machine examined the machine, and found that the incoming "hot" water was not very hot- hence, the problem!
The customer then called the plumber who installed the water heaters...and, in other ways, went about getting this problem fixed ASAP.

So far- so good. Then, by an amazing co-incidence, in comes the health department to check the dishwasher!

It sure looks like that machine salesman "dropped a dime" as soon as the resturaunt declined his generous offer to sell them another machine that wouldn't work!

The health department is being quite reasonable....both I and the general contractor happened to be there at the time, and lessen the language barrier....and I am sure that they have seen this sort of "concerned citizen" act before.