mxslick
quote:I wonder if some of these cases might be caused by the "phantom power" supply required for electret mics.

I was wondering when someone was going to bring that nonesense up. Answer is that's ridiculous....

I hate it when people think I'm more ridiculous than I actually am. On background, I have been Chief Engr. & Maint. Supr. of 2 major market UHF stations and part of the design / build team of a place called Beachwood Studios. I did not mean to express or imply that "phantom power" could be the cause of an electricution! In a perfect world, pastors don't get zapped and musicians don't french kiss mics. I did mean to say that I wouldn't rule out the possibility that a phantom supply could cause a tingle similar to placing your tongue on a battery.

In this case, it would still seem most like ly to me that he was the victim of a hot chassis on a transformerless PS piece of audio gear with a polarized plug. The waveform that killed him would not be a nice sine wave. On his way to Heaven, he probably experienced CROSSOVER DISTORTION!!! <Nyuk,Nyuk>