Yaeh, Shelin' Tieping Nut suo goad.

Half the time I'm hopped up on coffee, the other half I'm winding down with a bottle of Chimay, or glass of scotch before the wife rings the dinner bell, so my posts can be a mixed bag.

Anyway, one should check with the local AHJ for how and when they will enforce, but the state will start in October I believe, but your permits may be in some "crossing the line" limbo.

In short form the design criteria is this:

Dimmers on everything!

Flouresant (MS?) in the kit 100% unless you want trouble.

Flouresant (MS?) in baths, except if you want some control work in your future,
(I have the standard plan for compliance on this!)

And Flouresant (MS?) lights outside. Or 15,000 watts of "landscape lighting", thats OK?!

Air-tight IC cans shipped down from Washington State, anywhere cans are used.
(It will be cheaper to ship them from there for a while)

Bottom line, is avoid using cans in Baths, Kitchens, or Outside, unless you really like Flouresant (MS?)Light! And Stock up on cheap surface mount Flouresant (MS?)fixtures!

Here's another link to check out:
http://www.energy.ca.gov/title24/earlycompliance/2004-06-03_LIGHTING_STNDS.PDF

I told a few designers and arch's, and they didn't like it the "old" way, they are "doomed" the new world order way, that is soon to come. And, I am sure that it will catch a few EC's off guard in the begining too.

Anyway, Leespark, anything you can get there, we can get here. Whether or not you can use it, and if it might cost more here, is a different story.

You want to save your sis some money... Don't spec' the lights from there. Without knowing more about local standards / enforcement, and cost differance of fixtures, could cost her more!

(I hear, Lightolier is cheaper there due to shipping and legal costs... [Linked Image] No something about our special ballast and state certification costs.)

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 05-29-2005).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason