Since the great Norm was mentioned, you might notice that he virtualally never uses tools from his toolbelt; he usually picks up a tool from his workbench.
My toolbelt contains an assortment of tools, including ViceGrips 7WR, which allow me to do almost anything. As soon as I get to the work site, I take it off and rest it against my green toolbag. It is merely a means of carrying more weight from my vehicle to the actual working location.
One of my instructors, George Stout, pointed out that for any given task, you only need a very limited number of tools. For instance, pulling wire, I would need my lineman's pliers, wire stripper, number book, black phase tape and gloves. Why would I need to be lugging around nut drivers, RotoSplit, hammer and all the rest of that stuff. People who have three foot diameter tool belts may look impressive but then, that is all the tools they have. I'm beyound that.
Why give up the freedom to wall between studs and past the pretty secretary's desk?
Toolbelts are like pick-up trucks. They are part of the image but not very practical.
~Peter