Had this in the less frequented therory area, figured it might get more attention here.

Sad news for me to read, but unfortunately it is very true - the Theory area is the least active / posted to.
Hopefully your question(s) will be answered in this area.

Per the loud and noisy bouncing Conductors at Locked Rotor, I have only a suggestion - which may or maynot be effective:

Noise Is Enhanced By External Issues - Locate And Nullify The Culprite

In the past, found a few noisy feeders where the noise was greatly Amplified from several ambient / external conditions - each scenario adding to each other:

<OL TYPE=A>

[*] Conduits loose in strapping means (not completely fastened),

[*] Loose Fittings - Setscrews not tight, or Compression "Nuts" loose,

[*] Conduits not completely set into Couplings - with the securing methods loose (as listed above),

[*] Excessive spacing between strapping means - like 15 feet or more between straps, where there should have been straps at 10 foot intervals,

[*] Loose Conduits + examples above, run on light gauge steel studs - with the framing being very loose fitting, or with loosly attached materials inside wall cavities,

[*] Same types of walls with abilities to create "Standing Waves", and/or resonate easilly from the vibrations of the feeders,

[*] Loose Flex against easilly resonated walls,

[*] Loose Flex against T-Bar Ceiling grids and supports for long distances.
</OL>

Found these scenarios from either an excessive starting surge (LRA), or fault condition.
Securing Conduits on one, along with applying some "External Damping Techniques", greatly reduced the noise of Locked Rotor situation - but did not eliminate it 100%

Wish I had conclusive examples and advise, but your condition may be like the ones covered above... who knows!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!