In my area when a house has been vacant for a period longer then 6 months an inspection needs to be filed. My question revolves around up grading to current codes. I believe the you are required to upgrade when remodling but are you required to do so based on the above status. Keep in mind that this was a rent house and was kept up very well. All recpt., light switches, fans, kitchen appliances, etc. were in perfect condition. But what raises a question to me is that this house is dated and only has a 70 amp main service and no grounded recepticals, just the two slots (hot & nuetral).
Any feedback would be great.

Thanks Bert