I worked 8 years for an EC with views similar to Northstars. For the first few years I was the only empoyee of a small mostly residential company. Busted my butt helping him to establish a good customer base and reputation as a good EC. And later with plenty of work he was able to hire 3 other guys, He got very lucky with these guys , they were clean ,well spoken,came to work eveyday on time and did whatever it took to get the job done. Installations were neat and professional, customers were happy with our work, our work passed inspections.( I'm sure any local AHJs here seen our work) Then I watched as he slowly sabotaged his own company with his mouth. when he came to the job site,you had to wait and see if you were talking to the good boss or the bad boss before you said anything to him. he was almost like a spoiled little brat that wasnt getting his way for some reason. He would even start arguments with the customers. later I found out he stopped taking his meds for his bipolar,so I guess that had a lot to do with it. One by one we left,now he has one guy that use to be a helper as a lead man and a drunk as a helper. good luck. what a waste of 8 years.
PS look at your own faults before you blame others