Anyway it a (Correction) 250kMCM feed, they megged it, it passed.

Myself and the other Electrician both feel that it is a mis-wire of the 6 pole motor. Crossed phase between two windings, making higher amperage on one leg, and partial short on the other two. But we can't find out, as the elevator rep, wont let us touch it to trace out the leads of the motor. Well within his right too, it is his equipment, but he feels its the incoming feed, that is messing up his starters. And the owner, is hesitant to fork over the dough to monitor it right yet, as he has no idea what to think at this point, and is wieghing his options. It's still up in the air....

On Thursday, I had a FLS inspection and recalled the elevators. After the inspection the elevator was "shut off", We thought is wasn't resetting from our smoke and fire door test, but our panel was reset showing no alarms or trouble. The inspection was done and he left. But after wards, the elevator didn't seem to reset.... After ten minutes of running around seeing if it was our system, the security guard came and asked if we had pulled the switch for it, she found the door open. (None of us have a key to the room....) We went down with her show she could show us which switch she meant, it was the disco for it, with no lock-out, but shut off. I wasn't going to turn it back on, as I didn't turn it off. I don't break lock outs on anything especially elevators, although it didn't have a tag. It turns out one of the tenents has a master key that opens that door, and was unaware we were testing that day (We didn't know she was in the building at 6AM...), heard the horns and strobes go off, combined with the "Second coming sound" of the elevator, and thinking she was "Doing the right thing" shut it off. I think they need to take her master key away, but don't blame her as the feed for the elvator runs through her basemment office, and sounds like a freight train on every start of the motor. Which she fully expects to explode someday.

Anyway, like I said, I am stepping back from it, and let everyone else play thier game. I have 8000'+ of #12 to pull in my space and land to finish next week, my hands are full!

If I hear anything else I'll let you know.....

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason