Yesterday evening I had a visit from an area custom home builder, who built my home 11 years ago, and his EC. I did my own electrical. They are establishing standards for their construction and visited to view my set-up. All possible locations for TV to have two quad-shielded RG-6, one Cat-5, and two quad receptacle on separate dedicated circuit. Computer locale two RG-6, two Cat-5, and three quad receptacles each on separate dedicated circuits. RG and Cat to thermostat. RG and Cat to security system and intercom system. Dual RG to site security cameras. RG to site lighting controller. All RG-6 and Cat go to central location in basement on plywood mounting boards with all cables identified as to termination point. Spare cables and branch wire terminated in accessible attic spaces. The quad receptacles are a result of TV, DirecTV (or cable box), DVD, Stereo, etc, at TV locations. The quads at computer areas (3, mine, wife’s, and grandkids when they visit) handle Direcway, wireless, computer, two printers, scanner, external devices, lamp, etc.
Don and I both wonder how other custom builders do it.
Rowdy