A friend of mine and myself were kicking a idea around and I wanted some more input.

A multi family house I looked at has a 100 amp panel but it has reached its load ampacity and needs to be upsized. The existing work looks fine. There is plenty of room to put a 200 amp panel on the wall also. My question is after I mount the 200 amp panel, which is the better path to go.

1. Install a 100 amp breaker in the 200 amp panel and just refeed the old panlel.
2. Remove the old panel, install multipule J-Boxes and reinstall all the branch circits back into the new panel.

Just looking for ideas.

Thats how we do it up in the woods!