caselec - The owner got a little crazy with the trencher at the well end of the conduit run, so the top of the 90 will have the bury. Yes, the first 100 feet is near the house and will only have about 8 inches of cover. I might install the convertible 8/16 panel, and leave a note in the panel AND on the invoice, that the main breaker kit (I'll even leave the part number needed) must be installed before installed if there are seven or more circuits installed.

electure - Yes, that's all been taken care of. License, liability, etc. I still haven't taken the leap of faith of quitting my day job though. I wasn't doing electrical for almost four years before I decided to get my license. I certainly wish I knew more than I did, but at least I know better than to do any work I am unsure of. If I'm in doubt, I found out the answers first. Some of the things I don't know probably seem so simple to the rest of you, but like I said, I was normally just handed materials and told to do the work. In CA, an apprenticeship program was not required, so that's most of the problem right there. Lack of code knowledge was my main concern before getting my license. I mentioned this to my dad (plumbing/firesprinkler contractor/business mentor) and his friend (electrical contractor/old boss), and they said that with my personality of overanalyzing everything so much, that they knew I'd find all the answers I needed before doing any shoddy work. I've even called the local city inspector before doing a job.

I really do appreciate the help.

---------

Side note/question on the 6 disconnect limit. Does the 6 disconnect rule still apply if this panel were located in/on the same structure as the main panel? Or, can you just use the main panel disconnect, or sub-panel disconnect in the main panel, to remove power?

[This message has been edited by royta (edited 12-17-2004).]