OK, for those of you who do not know me, I'm an active EC, (25 yrs) and a P/T inspector, as an employee of a township, not a third party guy.

As an EC, we leave our jobs "clean" for final, like the majority of "us" do, and we also take pride in what we do.

As an AHJ, NO I do not and will not remove plates and/or devices. YES, I remove the 4-6 screws for a panel inspection, and NO, I will not open a large I-line type panel, or any parts of switchgear.

"Appointments" in my twp are "made" by calling myself or the FT AHJ on the AM of your scheduled day for a "ballpark" time, usually "between 10-12" or "11:30/12" We do not 'schedule' the day, the office staff does that. Yes, we 'squeeze' in the occasional "I'm in trouble" call, but it's tight with 15+ scheduled stops.

As to the original "dust" thing; above and beyond the call of duty?? Most, if not all the resi new construction guys 'rough wipe' all the junk from the boxes when they trim-out.

IF opening all the device covers were a required inspection item, some days I may be able to do ONE house. Liability is also an issue; push the device back in, skin a hot, who gets to 'fix' it??

John

John